This post is sponsored by Mahatma® Rice, but all opinions are my own.
It’s hard to beat a good crockpot recipe! There’s nothing like being able to throw a bunch of ingredients into a slow cooker and have dinner completely ready to go just a couple of hours later! Especially when it’s as delicious as this Crockpot Chicken and Rice recipe.
Think cheesy rice using Jasmine Rice with Red & Wild Rice from Mahatma® Rice (the best!), savory chicken, and wholesome broccoli all in a comforting creamy sauce and packed into a cozy bowl. This lightened-up recipe is one that the entire family will love!
RELATED: Thai Pineapple Fried Rice
Crockpot Chicken and Rice VIDEO
What you need for Crockpot Chicken and Rice
This recipe uses simple, easy-to-find ingredients! Here’s what you’ll need:
Jasmine Rice with Red & Wild Rice – This Jasmine Rice with Red & Wild Rice blend from Mahatma® Rice has the perfect texture and flavor for crockpot recipes like this one! It’s hearty, chewy, lightly crunchy, and delicious. We’re also loving that this Mahatma® Rice is free of MSG and added preservatives!
Seasoning – Garlic powder, onion powder, dried oregano, dried parsley, salt, and pepper. Feel free to sub any of these ingredients with fresh!
Chicken breasts – Or thighs, or drumsticks. Any type of chicken will work in this recipe!
Chicken broth – Another option would be to use vegetable broth.
Broccoli florets – Fresh or frozen. Either option works great!
Greek yogurt – Plain greek or whole milk yogurt add a creamy, delicious texture and flavor to this Crockpot Chicken and Rice recipe. So yummy!
Shredded cheese – Feel free to add more (or less) cheese to taste!
How to make the BEST Crockpot Chicken and Rice
This recipe takes about 2 1/2 hours to make in the slow cooker on high. Here’s how to make the BEST healthy Crockpot Chicken and Rice in 4 easy steps:
1. Cook the chicken and seasoning on high for about 1 hour.
2. Add in the rice and broth, then cook for another 30 minutes.
3. Cut the chicken into cubes and add in the broccoli, yogurt, and 1/2 of the cheese. Cook for another 45 minutes.
4. Add in the remaining cheese and cook for another 15 minutes!
Freezing/storing Crockpot Chicken and Rice
This recipe can last for about a week in the refrigerator. Be sure to store it in an airtight container after it has cooled a bit!
Want to freeze this recipe? Simply let it sit in the refrigerator in an airtight container without the lid until it is completely cool (about an hour). Next, add the airtight lid and store in the freezer for up to 3 months!
More healthy slow cooker recipes
- Slow Cooker Skinny Chicken Tortilla Soup
- Veggie-Loaded Slow Cooker Turkey Chili
- Slow Cooker Pork Chops & Potatoes
- Slow Cooker Beef Carnitas Tacos
More easy, healthy dinners you’ll love
- Easy Quinoa Chili
- Creamy Healthy Chicken Enchilada Skillet
- Cheesy Chicken Spaghetti Squash Casserole
- Healthy Turkey Swedish Meatballs
Crockpot Chicken and Rice
- 1 lb chicken breasts (about 2-3)
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp dried parsley
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp ground pepper
- 1 cup Jasmine Rice with Red & Wild Rice from Mahatma® Rice
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 3 cups frozen broccoli florets
- 3/4 cup plain greek yogurt
- 3/4 cup shredded cheese
- Place the chicken breasts in the crockpot and season with garlic powder, onion powder, oregano, parsley, salt, and pepper.
- Set the crockpot on high for 1 hour.
- Add in the rice and broth.
- Cook on high for another 30 minutes.
- Remove the chicken and cut into small cubes.
- Place the chicken back into the slow cooker and add in the broccoli, yogurt, and 1/2 of the cheese.
- Mix everything together and cook on high for another 45 minutes.
- Add in the remaining cheese, stir, and cook on high for another 15 minutes.
- Serve and enjoy!
- Feel free to use fresh herbs instead!
- Both frozen and fresh broccoli florets work great in this recipe.
- To store: This recipe can last for about a week in the refrigerator. Be sure to store it in an airtight container after it has cooled a bit.
- To freeze: Let it sit in the refrigerator in an airtight container without the lid until it is completely cool (about an hour). Next, add the airtight lid and store in the freezer for up to 3 months!