It’s everything savory, a touch a sweet, a lot of wholesome, and loaded with fall/winter flavor. Basically all of the best things in life! And 100% appropriate for the season (not only because of it’s holiday taste, but because of how easy it is to make! As in 30 minutes or less easy, y’all)!
This whole power bowl obsession began earlier this year when I decided to start loading up on turmeric with these Vegan Turmeric Quinoa Power Bowls (which also happens to be my MOST popular recipe here on Jar Of Lemons)! Through that delicious recipe I discovered how nutritious and easy to make these bowls can truly be. They’re balanced in healthy carbs, fat, and protein as well as loaded with vitamins! Soon after that I created the Turmeric Tahini & Roasted Beets Power Bowls, and now I’m completely obsessed with this Vegan Winter Spiced Chickpea Power Bowl!
This Vegan Winter Spiced Chickpea Power Bowl can be made in 30 minutes or less!
Here are a few things you’ll need:
- 2 Cookie Sheets
- Organic Cumin (SOOOOO GOOD ON EVERYTHING)
- Pre-cut sweet potatoes (optional, but makes life so much easier. You can buy them frozen, too!)
The cumin takes this recipe to another level, y’all. Especially when it’s combined with cinnamon and allspice. I’m obsessed with this power bowl these days!
Vegan Winter Spiced Chickpea Power Bowl
- 2 cups pre-cut sweet potatoes
- 15 oz. canned chickpeas
- 1 Tbsp coconut oil
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 1/8 tsp allspice
- 2 cups kale
- 2 Tbsp pumpkin seeds
- 2 Tbsp dried cranberries
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- pinch salt/pepper
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Place the cut sweet potatoes on one pan and the chickpeas on another pan, spreading them out. Add coconut oil to both.
- Top the sweet potatoes with salt/pepper. Evenly top the chickpeas with a mixture of the cumin, cinnamon, and allspice.
- Place both cookie sheets in the oven and bake for 15-25 minutes (or until the sweet potatoes are soft), ensuring that the chickpeas don't overcook.
- Combine the kale, sweet potatoes, chickpeas, pumpkin seeds, and dried cranberries into two bowls. Drizzle each bowl with olive oil.
- Serve and enjoy!
Leave a Reply