It’s that time of year! The colder weather calls for cozier, warmer meals. This Creamy White Chicken Chili is perfect for a comforting, warm bowl of goodness that’s easy to make and great for feeding a crowd! It’s one of my favorite winter meals and one of my go-to’s for dinner. Even my toddler loves it!
Here’s why you definitely need this recipe in your weekly menu:
- It’s comforting, delicious, AND healthy.
- Made with plain yogurt, this white chicken chili is extra creamy!
- Can be made in just 30 minutes.
- It’s TRULY one of the best chili’s ever!
It really doesn’t get much easier (or more delicious) than this Creamy White Chicken Chili recipe. Top it with a little bit of cheese and cilantro, and it’s one of the best winter meals around!
You’ll also love: Crockpot Chicken and Rice
What you’ll need
All you need for this recipe are a few simple and healthy ingredients!
Chicken Breast – This recipe uses chicken breast cut into cubes. However, cooked rotisserie chicken is also a great option. Simply skip the steps that involve cooking the chicken, then add the remaining ingredients for the chili!
Chicken Broth – Chicken or vegetable broth both work wonderfully in this recipe and add tons of flavor.
Onion – Fresh yellow onion takes the flavors of this white chicken chili to another level! However, dried onion flakes also work as a substitution.
Garlic – Minced garlic or garlic powder are great options for this recipe.
Cannellini Beans – I used Cannellini beans in this recipe. Other options include Navy and Great Northern beans!
Corn – Definitely an essential in white chicken chili!
Plain Yogurt – Plain yogurt makes this recipe extra creamy and delicious!
Cheese (optional) – I added a little bit of shredded cheese to this recipe to thicken it and take the creaminess to the next level. However, this is optional as the chili is already yummy as is!
Chili Seasoning – The seasoning for the white chicken chili recipe is made from cumin, coriander, paprika, and oregano.
Save time and money by having organic, high-quality meats (like the chicken from this recipe) delivered to your doorstep with Butcher Box!
Other things to add to white chicken chili
- Diced carrots
- Cooked lentils
How to make white chicken chili
1. In a dutch oven, cook the onions and garlic in oil.
2. Add in the chicken and cook.
3. Add in the broth and beans.
4. Mix in the corn and seasoning.
5. In a separate bowl, whisk the plain yogurt and about 1/4 cup warm water together until smooth.
Whisking yogurt with a little bit of warm water helps to keep it from curdling, making it possible to add to soup recipes!
6. Add the yogurt and cheese to the chili and stir until everything is warm and even.
What to serve with white chicken chili
Need ideas for taking this white chicken chili recipe to the next level? It’s great on it’s own, but here are a few options for what to pair it with:
Freezing this recipe
One of the best things about white chicken chili is that it’s easy to freeze for later! Simply let it completely cool down, then put it in a open-top container in the fridge. After about an hour, add an airtight lid and freeze for up to 3 months!
More chili recipes you’ll love
- Easy Quinoa Chili
- Veggie-Loaded Slow Cooker Turkey Chili
- Easy Vegetarian Summer Chili
- The BEST Vegan Chili Recipe
Creamy White Chicken Chili
- 1 Tbsp avocado oil (or olive oil)
- 1 lb chicken breast
- 1 tsp garlic (minced )
- 1/2 small yellow onion
- 2 15.5 oz. cans cannellini beans (drained)
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1/2 cup corn
- 2 tsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp coriander
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp oregano
- 3/4 cup plain yogurt
- 1 cup shredded cheese (optional)
- salt/pepper (to taste)
- cilantro (for topping)
- In a dutch oven, cook the onion and garlic in the oil of medium heat.
- Add in the cubed chicken and cook for about 10 minutes (or until it browns).
- Add in the beans and broth, bring to a simmer.
- Add in the corn and seasoning.
- Continue to simmer for about 10 minutes.
- In a small bowl, whisk the yogurt with about 1/4 cup of warm water until smooth.
- Add the yogurt and cheese (optional) to the chili.
- Top with cilantro (optional), serve, and enjoy!
- Feel free to adjust the amount of broth to taste!
- Add diced carrots, zucchini, cooked lentils, quinoa, chickpeas, or any veggies you want to this recipe.
- The fresh onion and garlic can be subbed for dried onion flakes and garlic powder, if desired.