Mango Pineapple Smoothie Bowl Recipe
You all know how much I love smoothie bowls! If you’ve never had one, a smoothie bowl is like a cross between a smoothie and a yogurt bowl. Basically creamy, sweet, and healthy breakfast goodness in a bowl! Made with a few simple ingredients in a blender, this 5-minute recipe is such a nutritious way to start the day. Add some tropical fruit in there, and this Pineapple Mango Smoothie Bowl is filled with the ultimate tropical summer vibes!
RELATED: 15 BEST Smoothie Bowl Recipes
In This Post
- Mango Pineapple Smoothie Bowl Recipe
- What is a Mango Smoothie Bowl?
- Smoothie Bowl Ingredients
- Topping Ideas
- How to Make a Mango Pineapple Smoothie Bowl
- Tips for Making The Best Smoothie Bowls
- Making Smoothie Bowls Ahead of Time
- More Smoothie Recipes You’ll Love
What is a Mango Smoothie Bowl?
A mango smoothie bowl is a frozen fruit breakfast or snack made with fresh or frozen mango, pineapple, and other ingredients such as yogurt, nuts, and seeds. The ingredients are blended together to form a thick, creamy mixture which is then poured into a bowl and topped with just about any toppings you want!
This mango smoothie bowl recipe is a great way to get your daily dose of vitamins and minerals, while also making for a delicious and satisfying meal!
Benefits of Eating Mango Smoothie Bowls
- They’re rich in vitamins A, B6, C, E, and K, as well as potassium, magnesium, and fiber.
- Contains antioxidants and healthy fats, which help to improve digestion and aid in weight loss.
- They taste like ice cream for breakfast! Yum!
Smoothie Bowl Ingredients
You only need 5 simple ingredients to make a delicious and next-level smoothie bowl! Here’s what you’ll need for this Mango Pineapple Smoothie Bowl recipe:
- Greek Yogurt (plain or vanilla)
- Frozen Mango Chunks
- Frozen Pineapple Chunks
- Orange Juice (optional, adjust to desired consistency) – Almond milk works great, too!
When it comes to smoothie bowls, it’s all about the toppings! Here are a few of my favorite ideas:
- Shredded Coconut
- Granola – This homemade granola recipe is the best!
- Fresh fruit such as mango, pineapple, banana, or kiwi
- Chia Seeds
- Toasted Coconut Flakes
- Mango Slices
- Almond Butter
- Hemp Hearts
You can also top your smoothie bowl with honey, maple syrup, or nut milk for added sweetness. Have fun experimenting with different combinations of toppings and enjoy your smoothie bowl!
How to Make a Mango Pineapple Smoothie Bowl
It only takes 5 minutes, a blender, and a few simple ingredients to make a refreshing mango pineapple smoothie bowl!
- In a blender, combine the yogurt, banana, mango, and pineapple. Blend until the mixture reaches a thick and creamy consistency.
- If desired, add orange juice to thin or honey/maple syrup to sweeten and blend again until well combined.
- Pour the smoothie mixture into bowls.
- Top the smoothie bowl with toppings, such as granola or nuts.
Tips for Making The Best Smoothie Bowls
- Make sure to use frozen pineapple and mango to create a thick texture! If you use fresh fruit, it will be a much thinner consistency.
- A great blender, like this one, truly makes such a difference in creating thick, ice cream texture smoothie bowls.
- It’s important to layer your smoothies and smoothie bowls with liquid ingredients first, then creamy ingredients, and then frozen ingredients last.
How do you make a mango smoothie without yogurt?
Making a mango smoothie without yogurt is easy and delicious. Start by blending frozen mango with pineapple juice or coconut milk. To thicken the smoothie, add a frozen banana. You can also use coconut yogurt or coconut cream to help thicken the smoothie bowl!
You’ll Also Love: Peanut Butter Smoothie (No Banana)
How do you thicken a smoothie bowl?
Adjust the thickness of smoothie bowls by adjusting the amount of liquid! If the smoothie is already too thin, add in more frozen fruit, banana, or protein powder to thicken.
I also recommend leaving out the orange juice (or all liquids) until the end. If the smoothie is too thick, add 1/4 cup at a time until you reach your desired consistency!
Making Smoothie Bowls Ahead of Time
If you’re looking for a convenient way to make smoothie bowls ahead of time, you can easily make them in batches. All you need to do is:
- Blend the smoothie ingredients in a blender, then pour the mixture into freezer-safe glass bowls or mason jars.
- Immediately place the smoothie bowls in the freezer.
- When you’re ready to enjoy your smoothie bowl, simply thaw it out in the microwave for about 30-45 seconds (mixing often) and add your favorite toppings.
- Make-ahead smoothie bowls can be stored in the freezer for up to 3 months!
Making smoothie bowls ahead of time can be a great way to ensure that you always have a delicious and nutritious breakfast or snack ready to go.
More Smoothie Recipes You’ll Love
- Dragon Fruit Smoothie Bowls
- Strawberry Banana Chia Seed Smoothie
- Matcha Banana Smoothie Bowl
- Chunky Monkey Smoothie
- Strawberry Acai Smoothie Bowl
Did you make this recipe? Be sure to rate it below and follow along on Instagram for more recipes and behind-the-scenes!
Mango Pineapple Smoothie Bowl
- 1 cup Greek yogurt (plain or vanilla)
- 1 medium banana
- 2 1/2 cups frozen mango
- 2 1/2 cups frozen pineapple
- 1/4 cup orange juice (optional, adjust to desired consistency)
- toppings of choice
- Combine the yogurt, banana, frozen mango, and frozen pineapple in a blender.
- Blend until smooth.
- Add orange juice to thin out the smoothie (if desired) and blend.
- Pour or spoon the smoothie into bowls.
- Add toppings and enjoy!