This could very possibly be my most favorite recipe ever. No one will ever truly know for sure, because it seems that I have about a million favorite recipes, but this one really has me gawking! And considering I have no background in making asian food (makes you really trust my recipe, doesn’t it 😉 ), I must say I’m pretty proud of this one. If you do happen to be reading this and know a lot about thai/chinese/american fusions, please don’t judge me. I have no claim to authenticity here, just a really really really REALLY delicious, easy, and healthy recipe. 😉
First things first, we absolutely must discuss the powerhouse flavor of this dish. The best way I might be able to describe it is as an explosion of spicy flavor balanced by a light, sweet, and savory flavor! If you love spicy, this dish is for YOU. If you hate spicy, leave out the crushed red pepper and/or add some mandarin slices like I did 😉 As I mentioned in the Jerk Chicken Tacos recipe, I tend to be little bit of a wimp when it comes to spicy food. But this dish was incredible, and I actually left the crushed red pepper in my bowl (that’s right, be proud)!
I LOVE using these stir-fry noodles whenever I make asian food (also used in the Sweet & Sour Porkless Bites Stir-Fry recipe). Oh and checkout my new fancy bowl! HUGE shoutout to my amazing aunt Mary who made these herself. What I would do for that talent!
What do you say? Spicy, or non-spicy food?
Spicy Thai Cashew Chicken Noodles
- 1 lb chicken tenders
- 1 Tbsp sesame oil
- 8 oz . rice noodles
- 2 cups frozen stir-fry veggies
- 1 Tbsp soy sauce
- 1/2 Tbsp honey
- 2 tsp garlic
- 2 tsp crushed red pepper
- 1 Tbsp hoisin sauce
- 1 tsp Sriracha
- 1/2 cup whole cashews
- Cut the chicken tenders into small squares and cook with the sesame oil over medium heat. When chicken is no longer pink in the middle, set aside.
- While the chicken is cooking, cook the rice noodles according to package directions, strain, rinse with cold water, and set aside.
- Mix the soy sauce, honey, garlic, crushed red pepper, hoisin sauce, and Sriracha together in a bowl. Pour into the warm pan and cook the vegetables in the sauce. Once the vegetables begin to soften, add the chicken and noodles back in. Mix together, coating everything in the sauce. Add salt/pepper to taste.
- Lightly crush the cashews and sprinkle over the dish, lightly mixing it one more time.
- Serve and enjoy!