There are two kinds of people in this world: Crunchy cookie people, and soft cookie people. I happen to be both, depending on the day. Today, we’re heading down the chewy soft cookie route with these indulgent Chocolate Cherry Cookies that are both delicious and healthy-ish!
And being a soft cookie person (today, anyway), I’m loving that this recipe is easy to make, adjustable to dietary needs, and perfect for a sweet treat to satisfy the best of chocolate cravings. This Chocolate Cherry Soft Cookies recipe is one that everyone will love!
Table of contents
- How to make Chocolate Cherry Cookies that are soft and healthy
- What I love about these Healthy Chocolate Cherry Soft Cookies
- More healthy desserts you’ll love
- The best healthy cookie recipes
Here’s what you’ll need to make these Chocolate Cherry Cookies:
Flour – Feel free to use all-purpose or mix with whole wheat flour!
Cocoa Powder – This organic cocoa powder is my favorite for baking recipes. I also love this cacao powder for making this into a vegan recipe!
Butter/Coconut Oil – This recipe calls for lightly melted butter, but I’m also a big fan of coconut oil as a vegan or dairy-free option!
Brown or Regular Sugar – Using brown sugar in cookie recipes helps add moisture, giving them a softer, chewier texture! Regular sugar works great, too.
Egg – A large egg or a flax egg equivalent work great in these cookies!
Milk – I used almond milk, but regular (or any kind) is also fine.
Chocolate Chips – These dairy-free dark chocolate chips are my favorite!
Dried Cherries – I prefer dried cherries in this recipe since fresh cherries loose a lot of their flavor in the baking process. Dried cherries are also quicker and easier to work with since you don’t have to pit them!
How to make Chocolate Cherry Cookies that are soft and healthy
Here’s how to whip up these cookies in just a few minutes:
1. Mix the dry ingredients.
2. Mix the liquid ingredients.
4. Mix in chocolate chips and cherries.
5. Bake for 10-12 minutes.
How do I keep cookies soft?
The best way to keep cookies soft and chewy is by storing them in an airtight container at room temperature.
How to soften hard cookies?
To soften a hard cookie, simply wrap it in a paper towel and heat it up in the microwave for a few seconds (about 10-20, depending on the microwave)!
How to make soft baked cookies?
Using brown sugar, butter, and milk help give cookies that soft baked, chewy texture. This Healthy-ish Chocolate Cherry Soft Cookies recipe is perfect for guiding you through baking the best soft cookies!
What kind of cherries do I use?
The best cherries to use in cookies are dried cherries. Fresh cherries can also be used as long as they are pitted and cut into small pieces!
What I love about these Healthy Chocolate Cherry Soft Cookies
These delicious cookies are one of my current favorite treats! Here’s what’s great about them:
- They’re SO easy to make.
- Easily adaptable .
- This recipe is healthy-ish and can be made even healthier (or not, depending on your preferences)!
- Indulgent, soft, chewy, and delicious. Some of the best tasting cookies I’ve ever had!
More healthy desserts you’ll love
- Chocolate Cherry Crumble Dessert Bars
- Chocolate Zucchini Muffins
- Healthy Apple Crisp
- Healthy Rice Krispie Treats
- Strawberry Lemonade Cupcakes
The best healthy cookie recipes
- Peanut Butter Chocolate Protein Cookies
- Almond Flour Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Healthy Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies
- The BEST Chocolate Chip Healthy Cookie Recipe
Get healthy recipes delivered straight to your inbox by subscribing to our email list!
Chocolate Cherry Soft Cookies (Healthy-ish)
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 3/4 cup brown or regular sugar
- 1/2 cup butter (lightly melted)
- 1 large egg
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 Tbsp almond milk
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup dried cherries
- sea salt (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Mix the flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, and salt together in a large bowl.
- In a separate bowl, mix the sugar, butter, egg, vanilla, and milk together.
- Pour the liquid ingredients into the dry ingredients and mix.
- Mix in the chocolate chips and dried cherries.
- Using a spoon, shape the dough into cookies on a baking sheet.
- Press the spoon down on each cookie to flatten.
- Add a sprinkle of salt to each cookie (optional) and bake for about 10-12 minutes.
- Let cool and enjoy!
- Feel free to use regular or mix with whole wheat flour.
- A large egg or a flax egg equivalent work great in these cookies!
- Feel free to sub (or partially sub) coconut oil for butter.
- The best cherries to use in these cookies are dried cherries. Fresh cherries can also be used as long as they are pitted and cut into small pieces!
Leave a Reply