Friends, get ready. You’re going to LOVE this recipe! My family cannot get enough of these yummy Almond Flour Chocolate Chip Cookies. They taste like soft, chewy, melt-in-your-mouth goodness, but they don’t ruin your healthy eating progress!
If you loved our Chocolate Chip Healthy Cookies or Healthy Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies recipes, you and your family will definitely love this grain-free version. Here’s what’s great about this healthy cookies recipe:
- They can be made in just 30 minutes (TOTAL).
- Just throw everything in a mixing bowl, place on a baking sheet, and bake.
- It uses easy-to-find ingredients.
- 100% grain free, using almond flour instead of regular flour.
- The dough can be frozen for later!
The ingredients for this easy chocolate chip cookies recipe are easy to find!
What type of almond flour should I use?
The best almond flour for chocolate chip cookies is finely ground almond flour. The super-finely ground type works best because it keeps the texture of the cookies smooth. However, any type of almond flour should work!
Almond meal vs. almond flour
Don’t have almond flour on hand? Almond meal works great, too. It’s a bit grainy in texture, but once it’s mixed into this cookie dough it tastes amazing!
How to make Almond Flour Chocolate Chip Cookies
Making almond flour chocolate chip cookies is easy! Here’s how to make them in 5 easy steps:
1. Combine the dry ingredients.
2. Combine the liquid ingredients.
3. Pour the liquid ingredients into the dry ingredients and mix.
4. Mix in the chocolate chips.
5. Form into cookies on a baking sheet and bake!
TIP: Use a mixture of brown sugar and regular sugar to add the right amount of flavor and sweetness to this recipe!
Sugar – As mentioned above, we used a mix of brown sugar and regular sugar. However, feel free to omit the regular sugar or just use one type of sugar instead!
Butter – We recommend sticking to butter for this recipe (as other types of oils can significantly change the texture). However, a great option is to use vegan butter instead.
Freezing the cookie dough
Another thing we’re loving about this recipe is that it can be frozen for later! Try making a big batch of these Almond Flour Chocolate Chip Cookies and freezing half of it.
To freeze, simply roll the cookie dough into balls and place in an airtight container. When you’re ready to bake, place the cookies on a baking sheet and bake according to the directions below. Add 2-3 minutes to the baking time and you’re good to go!
More almond flour recipes you’ll love
Loving this recipe? Be sure to give it a rating below!
Almond Flour Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 2 3/4 cups almond flour (finely ground)
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 large egg
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 cup butter (lightly melted)
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup raw sugar
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Combine the almond flour, baking soda, and salt together in a large mixing bowl.
- Mix the egg, vanilla, butter, and sugar together.
- Pour the liquid ingredients into the dry ingredients and mix.
- Add the chocolate chips and lightly mix until evenly distributed.
- Spoon the mixture on to an oiled baking sheet to create the cookies, lightly pressing down on each one.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes, or until the edges are starting to brown.
- Let cool and enjoy!
- Flour – we recommend using finely ground almond flour
- Sugar – As mentioned above, we used a mix of brown sugar and regular sugar. However, feel free to omit the regular sugar or just use one type of sugar instead!
- Butter – We recommend sticking to butter for this recipe (as other types of oils can significantly change the texture). However, a great option is to use vegan butter sticks instead.