We’re halfway through August and we’re all heading back into that crazy busy back to school season. It’s that time of year, friends! Whether you’re going back to college or walking into a busy season in life, these Healthy Lunch Recipes For Work (and back to school) will make staying on track a walk in the park!
The age-old question still seems to remain. What should I eat for lunch?
It’s tough enough trying to plan healthy meals for breakfast and dinner. But lunch, too? Sometimes it’s just easier to go out and grab something or bring a PB&J to work. If we’re friends on Instagram, then you might have seen my story the other day where I posted my real life lunch consisting of a PB&J and OJ. Friend, I TOTALLY understand!
Staying on track and making healthy lunch recipes for work days can be tough! But with a little planning, it CAN be done. Additionally, it’s so important to have grace on yourself whenever you do feel like splurging! I talk about this a lot in A Month Of Healthy Eats For The Busy Girl and include tips for making healthy decisions when eating out and when feeling tempted. Because I’ve been there so many times! 😭 #RealTalk
Today, we’re focusing on making simple, easy Healthy Lunch Recipes For Work!
Here are a few options:
The great thing about power bowls is not only that they’re super loaded with nutrition, but they can be made in advanced and simply heated up for a healthy work lunch!
A few power bowl recipes to try out:
- Vegan Turmeric Quinoa Power Bowls
- BBQ Chicken Power Bowls
- Broccoli & Chickpea Rainbow Power Bowls
- Turmeric Tahini & Roasted Beets Power Bowls
- Vegan Winter Spiced Chickpea Power Bowl
Meal Prep Bowls
Similar to power bowls in that they’re made in advance, but maybe even a little more simple! Typically these consist of a combination of a protein, a grain, and vegetables. Meal prep can be done on Saturday and/or Sunday so that your work lunches are prepared and ready to go. It’s also great to have these pyrex containers or meal prep containers on hand to organize your refrigerator and be prepared for the week ahead! Here are some of my personal favorite meal prep bowls to take to work on busy days:
- Meal Prep Southwest Chicken Burrito Bowls
- Paleo Turkey Meatballs Meal Prep Bowls
- Steak & Potatoes Meal Prep Bowls
- Paleo Slow Cooker Jerk Chicken Meal Prep Bowls
- Vegan Meal Prep Black Bean Quinoa Bowls
Salads w/ Delicious Dressings
I’m not talking boring salads here, y’all. It’s time to take this healthy eating/salad game up a notch! Here are some delicious salad and salad dressing recipes:
- Chili Mango Zesty Quinoa Salad
- Central American Salad In A Jar
- Mediterranean Salad Bowls w/ Lebanese BBQ Meatballs
- Poached Egg & Avocado Breakfast Salad
- Chili Lime Ground Turkey Taco Salad
- Vegan Turmeric Ginger Dressing
- 3 Ingredient Creamy Avocado Lime Dressing
Pita Bread Pizzas
Pita bread, Naan bread, either of these types are perfect for these quick and easy pizzas! They’re SO easy to put together the night before and heat up in the microwave at work! The best part about it? PIZZA.
- Spinach & Mushroom Naan Pizza
- 10-Minute Margherita Pita Bread Pizzas
- Roasted Radish, Arugula, & Havarti Pita Bread Pizzas
This is where I find the most success with Healthy Lunch Recipes For Work! This includes skillet recipes, casseroles, tacos, etc. Eat it for dinner, eat it for lunch. So simple! This doesn’t mean that cooking every night is a requirement. Make 2-3 of these recipes during the week, double or triple the ingredients, and you’ll have leftovers that should last throughout the week for quick and easy lunches and dinners!
- Creamy Healthy Chicken Enchilada Skillet
- Paleo Chicken Mushroom Casserole
- Chicken Fajita Casserole
- Easy 30-Minute Chicken Fried Rice
- Spicy Southwest Whole30 Stuffed Peppers
- Healthy Sriracha Shredded Chicken Tacos
- 30-Minute Blackened Salmon Tacos
Want more ideas, tips, and healthy lunch recipes for work? Be sure to check out A Month Of Healthy Eats For The Busy Girl! This guide is loaded with easy recipes, ways to eat healthy while eating out, motivation to stay on track during your busy week, and ideas for planning out your meals. If you’ve made it all the way to the end of this post, this guide is for you, friend! Trust me 😉 Grab your copy HERE!