Easter is coming up this weekend and my mind is on one thing: spring-inspired and Easter brunch ideas! I love these Carrot Cake Pancakes for brunch with family and friends on the weekend, but I also love making them ahead of time for quick, easy, healthy breakfasts throughout the week.
These pancakes are sweet, fluffy, wholesome, and SO perfect for the entire family! My kids love them (I make a vegan version for my toddler with a dairy allergie), and they are incredibly easy to make. Not to mention, a great way to add in some more veggies! If you’ve been on the search for a spring-inspired healthy breakfast idea, you’ll love these yummy Carrot Cake Pancakes!
RELATED: Carrot Cake Overnight Oats
Table of Contents
Here’s what you’ll need for this recipe:
Grated Carrots – The grated carrots in this recipe are what makes these pancakes next-level! Thankfully, carrots are easy to grate with a box grater or food processor. You’ll love the spring flavor they add to this recipe!
Flour – I used a mix of all-purpose flour and whole wheat flour. Feel free to use a mix like I did, or just one kind (totaling 1 cup).
For Gluten-Free: How to Substitute Almond Flour for All-Purpose Flour
Baking Powder/Soda/Salt – A mix of baking powder, baking soda, and salt give these pancakes their perfectly fluffy texture!
Cinnamon/Nutmeg – The cinnamon and nutmeg in this recipe bring out the carrot cake flavors. They’re so good!
Egg – The egg in this recipe can easily be replaced with a vegan egg substitute if desired.
Vanilla Extract – Adds depth and so much flavor!
Milk – I used regular milk, but feel free to use any type of milk that works best for you!
Brown Sugar – A little bit of brown sugar adds the perfect amount of sweetness.
Butter or Coconut Oil – Melted butter, coconut oil, avocado oil, or any type of vegetable oil works great for cooking these pancakes! Start with 1 Tablespoon and add more as needed throughout the cooking process.
How to Make Carrot Cake Pancakes
Carrot Cake Pancakes are SO easy to make! Here’s how in 7 simple steps:
- Grate the carrots.
- Mix the dry ingredients together in a large bowl.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the liquid ingredients.
- Add in the grated carrots, then combine the wet ingredients with the dry ingredients.
- Add about 1/4 cup of batter to a nonstick pan, skillet, or griddle with butter (or coconut oil) over medium heat.
- Cook pancakes for 2-3 minutes on each side.
- Add your favorite toppings and enjoy!
Grating The Carrots
There are many ways to grate carrots for recipes like these pancakes! The easiest way is to use a box grater, sliding the carrot in a downward motion to grate it. The next easiest option is to use a food processor! Simply pulse the food processor a few seconds at a time, stirring the in-between pulses, until you end up with grated carrots. Be careful not to over-blend the carrots, as this could result in more of a puree texture and add too much moisture to pancakes!
You’ll Also Love: Healthy Carrot Cake Muffins
How to Make Carrot Cake Pancakes Using Pancake Mix
To make Carrot Cake Pancakes using pancake mix, simply make the pancakes according to the mix directions. Grate carrots with a box grater or food processor, then add to the pancake mix. Cook according to directions and enjoy!
Vegan Carrot Cake Pancakes Variation
Want to make Vegan Carrot Cake Pancakes? Simply swap out the egg for a flax egg recipe or vegan egg substitute and a dairy-free milk option, such as almond milk, soy milk, oat milk, or coconut milk. That’s it!
More Ideas: 9 Easy Healthy Pancakes Recipes
One of my favorite things about these pancakes are all of the toppings! There are so many options. Here are a few ideas for how to top Carrot Cake Pancakes:
- Whole Milk Yogurt
- Chopped Walnuts
- Honey Drizzle
- Sliced Almonds
- Cream Cheese Frosting
- Whipped Cream
- Maple Syrup
- Shredded Coconut
- Chopped Pecans
- Extra Cinnamon
Make a big batch of these pancakes and refrigerate or freeze for later! Here’s how to make Carrot Cake Pancakes ahead of time and store.
Refrigerator – Let the cooked pancakes fully cool, then place in an airtight container with a lid. Store in the refrigerator for 3-5 days!
Freezer – Let the pancakes cool and store each serving in an airtight container with a lid in the fridge for about an hour. Move the containers to the freezer and keep frozen for up to 3 months! When ready to reheat, simply reheat the pancakes in the microwave for 1-2 minutes, flipping halfway though and checking often.
More Breakfast Recipes You’ll Love
- Blueberry Banana Baked Oatmeal
- Strawberry Pineapple Smoothie
- Healthy Banana Bread Recipe
- Vanilla Cream Protein Overnight Oats
- Baked Glazed Doughnuts
- Blueberry Banana Protein Muffins
More Healthy Pancakes Recipes
- 10-Minute Healthy Banana Pancakes
- Healthy Sweet Potato Pancakes
- The TASTIEST Greek Yogurt Pancakes
- Vegan Buckwheat Pancakes
Did you make this recipe? Be sure to give it a rating below and tag your photos @jar.of.lemons!
The BEST Carrot Cake Pancakes
- 3/4 cup grated carrots (about 1 large carrot)
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup milk (of choice)
- 3 Tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 Tablespoons coconut oil or butter (for cooking)
- Grate the carrot(s) using a box grater or a food processor, then set aside.
- Mix the all-purpose flour, whole wheat flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, and nutmeg together in a large mixing bowl.
- Whisk the egg, vanilla, milk, and brown sugar together in a separate bowl.
- Stir in the grated carrots.
- Pour the liquid ingredients into the dry ingredients and stir until combined.
- Heat up 1 Tablespoon of the butter or oil in a non-stick cooking pan or skillet of medium heat.
- Add about 1/4 cup of the pancake batter to the pan.
- Cook the pancakes for 2-3 minutes on each side.
- Repeat until all of the batter is gone.
- Serve with your favorite toppings and enjoy!
- Easily make these vegan by swapping out the egg for a flax egg recipe or vegan egg substitute and a dairy-free milk option, such as almond milk, soy milk, oat milk, or coconut milk.
- To make Carrot Cake Pancakes using pancake mix, simply make the pancakes according to the mix directions. Grate carrots with a box grater or food processor, then add to the pancake mix. Cook according to directions and enjoy!
- Make a big batch of these pancakes and refrigerate or freeze for later! Refrigerate for 3-5 days or freeze for up to 3 months.