Send a message to your loved ones with these Mini Valentine’s Day Gluten Free Shortbread Cookies!
Ok, ok. I’ll admit it. I didn’t really make these for Cody. Or anyone, for that matter. I made these for myself! And have been eating them all week long 😁 However, I did end up giving most of these gluten free shortbread cookies to my sister in law and Cody after all. Mostly because
I knew I would eat them ALL by the end of the week I love them sooooo much!
Also, they were too cute to NOT give away! I’m truly a sucker for anything colorful and pretty. These little guys were originally just going to be simple, red hearts using these Mini Valentine’s Day Heart Cookie Cutters. But then I got waaaaayyy carried away when I found the most adorable Mini Alphabet Cookie Cutters EVER in my cake crafting box. Yes, I have a cake crafting box from my cake making days! I used to love spending days (that’s right, days!) making wedding cakes, birthday cakes, using fondant, getting crazy with sprinkles, and all that jazz. I think that’s why these colorful cookies make me so happy! I love making creative and fun desserts!
Not to worry, though, friends! These Mini Valentine’s Day Gluten Free Shortbread Cookies are made with these all-natural, vegetable dyes. I first introduced these dyes in my Gluten Free Funfetti Cupcakes recipe, and have totally fallen in love with them! It’s so great to be able to make fun, bright, and colorful desserts and not have to worry about chemicals and yucky stuff!
So anyway, between the cookie cutters and vegetable dye, I ended up with 50+ mini cookies! Oh and the flour? Let’s just talk about this flour for a second. For this recipe I used Anthony’s Goods Almond Flour. As soon as I opened the new bag of almond flour, the sweet smell of freshly ground almonds filled the kitchen! The sweet and light taste of this almond flour adds so much to these gluten free shortbread cookies!
As you’re making these, have fun with them and get creative! And of course, you absolutely must let me know when you make them 🙂 I love seeing your #JarOfLemons creations!
Mini Valentine's Day Gluten Free Shortbread Cookies
- 2 Tbsp organic grass-fed butter
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 3 Tbsp coconut sugar
- 3 packets stevia
- 3.5 cups Anthony's Goods Almond Flour
- pinch of salt
- Recipe from Candy Cane Sugar Cookies Post
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine all of the cookie ingredients (adding in the almond flour last).
- Mix thoroughly, then lay the dough flat on a sheet of parchment paper.
- Using a spatula, flatten the dough to a thin later. Cut out the desired shapes and place on a baking sheet.
- Bake for 11-13 minutes. Because the cookies are so thin, make sure to keep them from browning! The cookies are done when they are hard on the outside. This recipe makes 50 or more delicious cookies!
- Create the recipe listed in the ingredients above (making sure to crush the macadamia nuts REALLY well, until the icing is totally smooth), or make an easy royal icing by mixing a small amount of organic powdered sugar and almond milk together.
A big thanks to Anthony’s Goods for making this post possible! Thank you for supporting the amazing brands that help us create better and more delicious recipes and posts!