There are few things better than baking something delicious on a chilly fall weekend and making the house smell like cozy, cinnamon, maple, apple goodness. Today, we’re sharing a melt-in-your-mouth recipe for Apple Cinnamon Oatmeal Cookies that are soft, chewy, sweet, and delicious!
Whip up this recipe in under 30 minutes for a cozy treat that everyone will love!
RELATED: 25+ Healthy Baking Recipes
Apple Cinnamon Oatmeal Cookies Video
The ingredients for Apple Cinnamon Oatmeal Cookies are simple and easy to find. Here’s what you need for this recipe:
Whole wheat flour – We used whole wheat flour in this recipe. However, feel free to use all-purpose or a mix for these yummy cookies!
Rolled oats – The best oatmeal cookies are made with old-fashioned rolled oats! Perfect for adding texture and flavor.
Cinnamon – Apple and cinnamon are a match made in heaven! We’re loving the cinnamon flavors in this recipe. Feel free to adjust to taste!
Brown Sugar – We used brown sugar as a sweetener, but regular sugar works great too.
Maple Syrup – A small amount of maple syrup adds the perfect amount of sweetness and fall flavors! Feel free to substitute with more sugar, honey, or omit if desired.
Apple – Any type of apple works great in this recipe! Granny Smith, Honeycrisp, Gala, and Red Delicious are all great options. Just be sure to cut the apple into tiny, tiny cubes for these cookies.
Lemon Juice – Optional, but can help bring out the bright flavors of the apple.
You’ll also love: The BEST Chocolate Chip Healthy Cookie Recipe
How to make Apple Cinnamon Oatmeal Cookies
Here’s how to make the BEST Apple Cinnamon Oatmeal Cookies in 5 easy steps:
1. Mix the flour, rolled oats, cinnamon, baking soda, and salt.
2. Mix the butter, sugar, maple syrup, egg, and vanilla together.
3. Cut the apple into small cubes and mix with lemon juice.
4. Lightly mix the apple into the cookie dough and spoon onto a baking sheet.
5. Bake and enjoy!
This Apple Cinnamon Oatmeal Cookies recipe is one of our favorites for fall!
This recipe is easy to make and will make your entire house smell like fall. Not to mention lightened-up and wholesome! We’re loving the sweet, crunchy, and chewy textures in these flavorful cookies and how perfect they are for the season. You and your family will love this delicious Apple Cinnamon Oatmeal Cookies recipe!
More fall desserts you’ll love:
- Soft Pumpkin Oatmeal Cookies
- Healthy Apple Crisp Recipe
- Honey Pear Ginger Cheesecake
- Healthy Pumpkin Bread Recipe
Apple Cinnamon Oatmeal Cookies
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/2 cup rolled oats
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter (lightly melted)
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 2 Tbsp maple syrup
- 1 large egg
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 3/4 cup finely chopped, peeled apple (about 1/2 – 1 small apple)
- 1/2 small lemon (juiced)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix the flour, oats, cinnamon, baking soda, and salt together.
- In a separate bowl, mix together the butter, sugar, syrup, egg, and vanilla extract.
- Combine the wet and dry ingredients and mix together.
- Cut the apple into small cubes, about 1/8” to 1/4” in size.
- Squeeze the lemon juice over the apple and evenly coat.
- Mix the cubed apple into the dough and spoon the dough on to a baking sheet.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes and enjoy!