If I could only make one salad for the rest of my life, this Roasted Sweet Potato Black Bean Salad would be it. It’s everything good in life combined together for a burst of flavors and depth, all in one bowl! Vegan and vegetarian, this salad is one that EVERYONE will love.
Make this black bean salad in 30 minutes or less, batch cook the main components, or meal prep this recipe for healthy salad bowls and delicious dinners all week long!
You’ll Also Love: 30+ BEST Easy Meal Prep Recipes
You’ll only need 6 main ingredients (and a few spices) to make this easy, delicious recipe. Here’s what you need to get started!
Spinach or Kale – Chopped spinach or kale is the base ingredient of this salad.
Sweet Potatoes – Peeled or unpeeled are both great options! Simply cube the sweet potatoes to prep them for roasting. You can also save time by using pre-cut sweet potatoes from the grocery store!
Black Beans – Cooked or canned black beans are a total must for this delicious black bean salad!
Avocado – Top this salad off with creamy sliced or diced avocado to really bring the flavors together. It’s so good!
Lemon Tahini Dressing (Optional) – Feel free to add a drizzle of Lemon Tahini Dressing (or a squeeze of fresh lemon with a little bit of olive oil and salt) to really bring this salad to life!
How to Make a Sweet Potato Black Bean Salad
Making this Sweet Potato Black Bean Quinoa Salad is incredibly easy! Here’s a rundown for how to make it in 30 minutes or less:
1. Roast the Sweet Potatoes
2. Cook the Quinoa (Seasoning is EVERYTHING!)
Cook the quinoa according to package directions. The seasoning is the best part! I love adding a little bit of salt, garlic powder, and smoked paprika. It’s incredibly yummy and adds so much flavor to this recipe!
3. Assemble the Salads
Combine the chopped spinach (or kale), cooked quinoa, roasted sweet potatoes, and black beans.
4. Add Avocado & Dressing
Top the salad with fresh avocado and dressing of your choice!
Note: This salad can either be assembled on each plate (4 servings) or tossed together and divided.
Batch Cooking This Recipe
To batch cook this recipe, feel free to roast the sweet potatoes and cook the quinoa (as well as the black beans, if not canned) ahead of time. Store in the refrigerator until you’re ready to assemble the salad!
You’ll Also Love: Healthy Batch Cooking For The Week Ahead
Meal Prep Sweet Potato Black Bean Salad with Avocado
To meal prep this Sweet Potato Black Bean Salad, it’s important to wait on adding the avocado and dressing until right before serving. Simply cook the ingredients according to the instructions below, then let cool. Combine the spinach, quinoa, black beans, and sweet potatoes for each meal prep bowl. When ready to enjoy, add the dressing and avocado!
This recipe can be stored in the refrigerator in an airtight container for up to 3 days (without avocado)!
RELATED: 6 Ways To Keep Produce Fresh
Want more dressing and topping ideas? Here are a few of my favorites!
- Creamy Avocado Lime Dressing
- Roasted Pepitas
- Southwest Salad Dressing
- Chopped Walnuts
- Easy Classic Lemon Vinaigrette
More Ways to Use Black Beans
- Creamy Healthy Chicken Enchilada Skillet
- Taco Bowl Recipe
- The BEST Easy Vegan Meatballs
- 5-Ingredient Vegan Enchiladas
- Spicy Southwest Butternut Squash Casserole
More Healthy Salads & Bowls
- Spicy Southwest Salad Recipe
- Moroccan Chickpea Carrot Salad
- Hot Honey Chicken Bowls
- Simple Green Goodness Chickpea Salad
- Chili Mango Zesty Quinoa Salad
- Meal Prep Southwest Chicken Burrito Bowls
- Poached Egg & Avocado Breakfast Salad
Did you make this recipe? Be sure to give it a rating below and tag your photos @jar.of.lemons!
Roasted Sweet Potato Black Bean Salad
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Wash and dice the sweet potatoes, then lay them on a baking sheet.
- Drizzle with oil and add seasoning to taste.
- Roast the sweet potatoes for about 25 minutes, or until tender.
- While the sweet potatoes are roasting, cook the quinoa according to package directions.
- Add salt (to taste), garlic powder, and smoked paprika to the quinoa halfway through the cooking process.
- Set aside.
- Combine the chopped spinach, cooked black beans, roasted sweet potatoes, and cooked quinoa together in a large bowl.
- Divide into 4 servings, then top each salad with fresh avocado slices and dressing.
- Serve and enjoy!
- Cook the ingredients according to the instructions below, then let cool.
- Combine the spinach, quinoa, black beans, and sweet potatoes for each meal prep bowl.
- When ready to enjoy, add the dressing and avocado!