One of my favorite things about late summer is the produce. If you find yourself with an abundance of summer squash and zucchini, but are also craving a transition to fall and fall baking, then this Vegan Zucchini Bread recipe is the perfect combination of both!
With a sweet, fluffy, delicate flavor, this healthy and gluten-free zucchini bread loaf is truly one of my favorites. It’s great for making in advance and storing for easy snacks and quick breakfasts all week long! It’s also a great way to sneak in some veggies for little ones. I love this wholesome loaf recipe and I know you will too!
Here’s What’s In This Post
Oat Flour – I love using oat flour as a wholesome, gluten-free flour substitution! Oat flour can be purchased at the grocery store, on Amazon, or made at home by simply blending rolled oats into a flour-like texture.
Zucchini – Raw zucchini is one of the core ingredients of this recipe! It adds flavor, texture, and wholesome nutrition.
Flaxseed Egg – The instructions for making the flaxseed egg are listed in the recipe card below, but feel free to learn more about how to make a flaxseed egg here. Another option is to simply use a vegan egg substitution!
Coconut Oil – Feel free to use coconut oil or vegan butter in this recipe!
Agave + Raw Sugar – Agave with a little bit of raw sugar add the perfect amount of sweetness to this Vegan Zucchini Bread.
Toppings – Add your favorite toppings! Here I used coconut flakes and pecans. Walnuts, pistachios, and a sprinkle of brown sugar are all great options, too!
How to Make the BEST Vegan Zucchini Bread (VIDEO)
Note: This recipe has been updated since the making of this video and uses raw sugar instead of stevia. However, feel free to use whichever ingredient works best for you! It’s also recommended to grate the zucchini or lightly blend it in a food processor, then pat it dry before adding to your liquid mixture.
Making this Vegan Zucchini Bread recipe is incredibly easy! Here’s how to make zucchini bread in 30 minutes:
1. Make the Flaxseed Egg
The first step is to make the flaxseed egg. Simply mix ground flaxseed with water!
2. Blend the Zucchini
Grate or blend the zucchini in a food processor. Pat dry or squeeze dry in a cheese cloth, then add it in the liquid ingredients and mix until smooth!
TIP: I did not peel the zucchini before blending. Personally, I like how it adds color, texture, and nutrition. However, you can if you would prefer!
3. Combine with Ingredients
Combine the dry ingredients and mix with the liquid ingredients.
4. Add Toppings & Bake
Pour into a loaf pan, add toppings, bake, and enjoy!
How to Store Vegan Zucchini Bread
This Vegan Zucchini Bread can last at room temperature for about 2-3 days in an airtight container. It can also last in the refrigerator for 3-5 days or the freezer for up to 3 months!
Tips for Storing
- Let the zucchini bread cool COMPLETELY before placing it in an airtight container to store.
- If storing at room temperature or the refrigerator, it’s best to keep the loaf whole to retain moisture.
- If storing in the freezer, be sure to slice the zucchini bread before storing in individual serving sized containers.
- To reheat, let the slices thaw out in the refrigerator the night before and then microwave for a few seconds when you are ready to serve.
Zucchini Recipes You’ll Love
- Chocolate Zucchini Muffins
- Vegan Ramen Soup w/ Zucchini Noodles
- Vegan Red Pepper Hummus Pizza
- Vegetarian Zucchini Spaghetti w/ Red Sauce & Mushrooms
More Healthy Bread Recipes
- Simple Healthy Banana Bread Recipe
- Gluten Free Blueberry Bread
- Healthy Pumpkin Bread Recipe
- Gingerbread Loaf Recipe
Did you make this recipe? Be sure to give it a rating below and tag your photos @jar.of.lemons!
The BEST Vegan Zucchini Bread
- 1 Tbsp ground flaxseed
- 3 Tbsp water
- 1 medium zucchini (about 1 cup grated/blended)
- 1/3 cup coconut oil
- 2 Tbsp agave (or honey)
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/3 cup raw sugar
- 2 cups oat flour (or all-purpose flour)
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 cup coconut flakes (for topping)
- 2 Tbsp crushed pecans (optional, for topping)
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- Mix the ground flaxseed and water together, then refrigerate for 15 minutes.
- Grate or lightly blend the zucchini in a food processor until it has a grated texture.
- Pat the zucchini dry, or squeeze the liquid out of it with a cheese cloth.
- Mix the blended zucchini with the coconut oil, agave, vanilla, water, sugar, and flax egg, then set aside.
- Mix the flour, baking powder, and cinnamon together.
- Combine the previously mixed dry ingredients with the liquid ingredients.
- Pour into a loaf pan lined with parchment paper and top with coconut flakes and pecans.
- Bake for about 50 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Let cool, slice, and enjoy!
- I did not peel the zucchini before blending. However, you can if you would prefer!
- This Vegan Zucchini Bread can last at room temperature for about 2-3 days in an airtight container. It can also last in the refrigerator for 3-5 days or the freezer for up to 3 months!