Overnight oats are one of my all-time favorite ways to start the day. I love that they can be prepped in just 5 minutes the night before, placed in a mason jar, and then they’re ready to go the next morning. Does it get any better than that?
I also love that they’re healthy! These Carrot Cake Overnight Oats are made with rolled oats, almond milk, a little bit of maple syrup, and contain a full serving of vegetables. This deliciously vegan breakfast recipe is one you’ll want to keep on repeat!
Table of contents
Ingredients for this recipe
Here’s what you’ll need to make this easy and delicious Carrot Cake Overnight Oats recipe!
Rolled Oats – Rolled oats are the base for this overnight oats recipe!
Almond Milk – Any type of milk works great in this recipe, but I love using unsweetened almond milk.
Maple Syrup – Maple syrup, honey, agave syrup, or raw sugar are all wonderful options for adding a touch of sweet.
Grated Carrots – Use a grater to make grated carrots or simply cut shredded carrots into smaller pieces.
Carrot Cake Spices – A mix of ground cinnamon and nutmeg bring out the carrot cake flavors in this recipe!
Unsweetened Coconut – I love adding unsweetened shredded coconut to these overnight oats. However, this is totally optional!
Walnuts – Crushed walnuts and healthy protein and fats. Feel free to substitute with any type of nut as needed.
Raisins – Are you team raisins, or no raisins? My husband HATES raisins, but I absolutely love them. So I’ve included them in the recipe, but they are optional depending on your taste! Other options include dried cherries or dried cranberries.
How to make Carrot Cake Overnight Oats (VIDEO)
This recipe is actually SUPER easy to put together! You can even make a double batch and have them on hand for several days. Here’s how to make Carrot Cake Overnight Oats in 5 minutes or less:
- Mix oats, spices, carrots, sweetener of choice, and milk together (as well as any other toppings).
- Cover and store in the refrigerator overnight.
- That’s it! Overnight oats are ready to go in the morning.
*Small adjustments have been made to this recipe (listed below) since the making of the video in order to take this recipe to the next level! You guys will love it 🙂
Tips for success
- I recommend splitting the ingredients evenly into mason jars and mixing so that they’re ready to go in the morning (and hey, less dishes than mixing in a bowl)!
- These mason jar lids are my favorite for easy storage, especially if you often make overnight oats.
- Adjust the amount of milk to your own desired taste and consistency if needed (keeping in mind that the oats will soak up a decent amount of the milk overnight).
How to store Carrot Cake Overnight Oats
Overnight oats can be stored in the refrigerator for 2-3 days. They can also be frozen for up to 3 months! When you’re ready to eat them, simply thaw them out the night before or heat them up in the microwave.
RELATED: EASY Overnight Steel Cut Oats Recipe
What are Overnight Oats?
Overnight oats are prepared the night before, placed in the fridge overnight, and are ready to go the next morning. You can make them in mason jars and take them on-the-go, too!
The oats are mixed with whatever flavoring (spices, fruit, etc) that you want and usually made with almond or coconut milk. The oats soak overnight until they are soft and have soaked up all of the flavor, making them super delicious and easy. Overnight oats are a quick and easy to have a healthy breakfast everyday!
Flavor variations and serving suggestions
Here’s the thing: there are a million ways to make overnight oats! But the simple formula is this: rolled oats + almond milk + optional sweetener of choice (maple syrup, honey, etc).
The flavors and variations are completely up to you! Apple Cinnamon Overnight Oats, Oatmeal Cookie Overnight Oats, Mocha Latte Overnight Oats, Banana Coconut Cream Pie Overnight Oats, and in this case, Carrot Cake Overnight Oats. Endless possibilities, friend!
Overnight oats are served cold, but can be warmed up if desired. Personally, I love to eat them straight out of the fridge. Especially in the summer, when the weather’s warmer!
Our favorite healthy Overnight Oats recipes
- Peanut Butter Cookie Overnight Oats
- Strawberries & Cream Overnight Oats
- Pumpkin Pie Overnight Oats
- Apple Cinnamon Overnight Oats
- Blueberry Chia Overnight Oats
The BEST Carrot Cake Overnight Oats
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp nutmeg
- 1/2 cup grated carrots
- 2 Tbsp maple syrup
- 2 cups almond milk
- 2 Tbsp raisins (optional)
- 2 Tbsp shredded unsweetened coconut
- 2 Tbsp crushed walnuts
- Mix all of the ingredients together in a bowl and split into two mason jars (or mix directly in the jars).
- Cover with a lid and set in refrigerator overnight.
- Enjoy in the morning!
- Adjust almond make to taste (1 3/4 cup – 2 cups)
- Overnight oats can be stored in the refrigerator for 2-3 days. They can also be frozen for up to 3 months!